Friday, October 7, 2011

I Think We Have a Problem!

Well, I hate to say it but I think I'm addicted to "couponing" now...

I went to Target last night and got half of my stuff then and we both went this afternoon and got the rest of our haul. It's pretty exciting when you can get the prices super low like we did but it does take a little time...mostly because I'm not fully organized with everything yet!

I got most of my coupons from various websites (mostly found trough the KCL website I mentioned in the last post) and the others are from the Sunday newspaper.

A majority of our coupons were buy one, get one free. We got to use those on the Suave shampoo/conditioner (3.00 each), the Tresemme shampoo/conditioner (5.50 each), both sets of Tresemme styling products (4.44-4.99 each), and the Vaseline lotions (4.99 each).

I took this picture to show that the lotions and body wash came with a smaller size attached so it was pretty much like buy one, get two free. :) Side note: I absolutely cannot believe how dry it is here in Colorado. Keats has always been one to put on lotion after the shower and I always gave him a hard time about it but now I understand why! I've already lost count of how many bloody noses I've gotten since I've been here! (If you know me, you know how easily I get them. I step in the shower..BOOM, bloody nose. I put on a shirt, BANG, bloody nose. Sick.)

I got all four Covergirl blushes for free (3.74 each), the four bags of cat treats for free (99c each), the gum for free, the six First Aid To Go kits for 20 cents each (97c each), the Tide single loads for 30 cents each (97c each - not that great of a deal considering the price of a normal sized detergent), the Carefree items were 49 cents each (99c each), the seven travel sized toothpaste items were free (97c each), the Olay wipes were free (5.99), the Nivea chapsticks were 2/$4 at Walgreens so I used 2 $3.00 off 2 coupon and got 4 lip balms for $2.00 (2.99 each, RIP OFF!).

I was excited to find the two body wash items (Dove and Old Spice) and the toothbrushes in the clearance section because we had dollar off coupons for all three of those as well. Blah blah blah, are you still reading?! Keats found some Nescafe coffee packets (for iced coffee?) and got them for 2 cents...who knows if he will even drink them! The EOS lip balms were also from Walgreens (3.29 there and 2.99 at Target) and I got them for $1.50 each. I know that's a bit spendy for plain ole lip balm, but I love them because they're super moisturizing, smell and taste (yes, taste) great, easy to find in your purse, and they're so darn cute!

We ended up spending $55.80 and we saved $80.27. I know that when I hear of people doing this crazy couponing crap, I think to myself, "Really?! WHYYYY do you need 300 sets of shampoo/conditioner or 27 bottles of lotion?" Keats was asking me the same question and I think that most of the items we bought are things that are necessary for (my) everyday life. Bandaids, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. are justifiable in my book! The cat treats are definitely not necessary for our little porker of a child, but THEY WERE FREE! How can you pass up free stuff (and they don't expire for two whole years ;))?

And yes, if you were wondering, I have also started dreaming about coupons. PA-THE-TIC!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are HIL-AR-I-OUS, not PA-THE-TIC. I'm going to have to check this out. Please keep the coupon blogs a-comin' as I'm curious about how you'll organize it! Selfishly, I hope that someday you and Keaton live in Minnesota and not Colorado. I miss you - Colorado seems so far away!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete