Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another catch-all blog...

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE my new Nikon Coolpix p100?!
I still have no idea how to use all of the features but I think I'll be bringing the manual with me on my next couple of trips. Even if I don't know how to use it to it's full potential yet...it still looks cool, right?!

I was on a walk back at my parents house when I decided to grab my camera and capture the awesome-ness that is right behind the house! The clouds were so pretty.


Love these blossoms..they smell amazing, too.

Grandma Pat was visiting her brother in Cedar Rapids so we met up at the casino in Waterloo.
(She always has that video camera with her!)


Keats and I before the graduation fiesta
During the fiesta :)

CANDY!!!!
Lily the spoiled kitty...
For those of you who don't know, this kitten showed up at Mom and Matt's a couple of months ago as a stray. Long story short, both of them are softies and the kitten now has a name, food and treats, and a home with two beds (!) in the garage.
Keats found her in between these two old barn doors down in the shed. She was sleeping on the red blanket..which nobody claims to have put down there.
We planned on grilling one afternoon but it was too windy, so we had to cook everything in the oven. Bummer! Still good food though!

Zucchini, green peppers, mushrooms....
And PICO DE GALLO! My new specialty.

It's not hard to make at all, so I probably shouldn't be calling it "my specialty" but it's still delicious. (See, aren't those pictures awesome?!)
Caught him at just the right time. You all should know that he has a cat bed RIGHT behind him, yet he still chooses to lay on the floor. Over the ledge. Looking as uncomfortable. as. ever.
This may quite possibly be his most favorite thing to do....get under the sheets when we're making the bed. He does it every single time and waits for the perfect moment to jump in. It's adorable.

Whenever you see him sitting up tall with slanty eyes like that, there is a good chance he is mad and about to pounce on you.
(That's what he looks like when we close the sliding glass door and take his "screen door time" away from him, HA! Also, when we don't give him ice cubes when we go to the kitchen. Oh man, what have we created...?)


He also likes this (even though it looks like I'm hurting him) and will stretch three times in a row if you get it just right!

Ahhh, it's a good feeling getting a lot of those pictures off of my camera and on to the blog.
Until next time, blog readers.

Peace, love and Bagheera. :)


2 comments:

  1. Love seeing a sneak peek into your lives (miss you!). Details on making pico de gallo please! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, my mouth is watering just THINKING about it! I always use at least 4 roma tomatoes (scoop out the seeds and gushy guts), 1 onion (we only used one half in the picture above), fresh cilantro all chopped up, lime juice (we used one half of a lime and squeezed most of it into the bowl), garlic (I use the chopped/diced garlic that comes in the small glass jars), salt and pepper.

    Mix everything together and season to taste. I got mom hooked on cilantro so we use tons of that! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete