Monday, August 22, 2011

Living in the "Real World"

I think everyone's after-college fears are making it in the big so-called "real world." It was definitely scary for me, moving out to Colorado, trying to find a job in the real world and making things work TWO STATES away from my great, wonderful, awesome family (and friends).

Keaton was lucky enough to be able to transfer to an actual Target store (not distribution center as before) here in Longmont. I believe he is a guest services attendant, but I really couldn't tell you his exact title. He's really liking it, though!

I was asked to do two interviews the Monday after we moved to Longmont -- talk about good timing! One interview was for a child care director for a before and after school program. The second interview was for a paraprofessional (pretty much an aide) in the preschool special education program at the same elementary school. I was hired for both jobs (HOORAY!) but decided to take the para job as it had better hours and it would tie in with my major better.

I was so lucky to land both jobs and I still can't believe that I HAVE job right now. So happy for that! I had to go to meetings all last week and then Thursday and Friday we had orientation with the kiddos and their parents. Today was our first actual day of school and everything went really well. I'm loving it! I still can't believe how tired I am at the end of the night....I have been in bed by 9:45 for most of the past week. Uff da! (When I say 'uff da' in Colorado, people look at me funny!!)

I'm sorry I haven't gotten pictures posted of our apartment yet. I am cleaning the apartment tonight and then maybe I'll get pictures and make a new blog. I do have to add that I LOVE LOVE LOVE not having homework at night. It's such a change. A good change, though! ;)

Visit our blog again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you and Keaton! Happy that you're happy!! Do you have room for an extra 7 people in your apartment? ;)

    ReplyDelete