Well, here it is…our first post! We wanted to find a way to keep everyone up-to-date with what we’ve been doing and we figured that starting a blog would be the easiest way to do it!
For those of you who don’t know, Keaton packed up a U-Haul and made the 800-mile trek to Cedar Falls last week and we moved into our first apartment. We’ve been dating for a little over a year and the long distance relationship was obviously a hard thing to do, so he just decided to move here and finish his last year of school at the University of Northern Iowa. I know, I know…you’re all thinking “HE LEFT COLORADO FOR IOWA?!” I would have much rather moved to Colorado but I’m done with my undergraduate courses next fall and then have to start graduate school in the spring so it was just easier this way. He wanted to move here and there was no way I was going to argue with that!
Keaton is majoring in Public Administration and possibly getting a minor as well, but that is yet to be determined. He keeps going back and forth with what he wants to do and I kind of did the same thing. I came to UNI thinking that I was going to end up being a teacher but after two and a half years, I hated it! I felt like all of the classes were just busy work and that I didn’t need to be paying thousands of dollars for an education that I could have gotten at a daycare. I was going into early childhood and elementary education, so most of my classes consisted of giving presentations about how to organize a dress-up center, or what children’s books I would recommend to a child with special needs (Okay, maybe the classes were harder than that, but you get the point). Aside from the college part, I knew that in the long-run I’d rather work with children one-on-one instead of in large groups. SO! I am now majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, so I will be a speech-language pathologist when I am done with school.
Keaton and I moved into a two-bedroom apartment a couple blocks away from campus and finally have everything unpacked and organized.
See!
Keats brought me an "I Love You Bean" lima bean plant.
I can't grow anything to save my life, so we'll see how this turns out!
When the bean sprouts it's supposed to say "I love you" on the outside.
Hopefully that'll work. :)
Our apartment kind of lacks storage area. This is what we get for the bathroom.
This is our guest bedroom, decorated with Keaton's stuff.
How can they call this a closet?! (This is in our hallway)
Now the living room and the brand new couch from Keats and Mary Pat..thank you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment